Even when the smartphones were not invented, we used to text message from our Feature phones. Introduction of the advanced smartphones completely changed the face of messaging. It quickly made Short Message Service (SMS) obsolete and brought Instant Messaging (IM) to the forefront. You could not only send simple text messages, but it became possible to share videos, images and even files and documents. Today, we have a number of popular messaging applications used by billions of people worldwide to send hundreds of billions of messages every day. iMessage for Apple devices is one such name in the IM world.
iMessage is an instant messaging application native and exclusive to the Apple devices. So, if you have an iPhone or any other iOS device, you could send an iMessage to the other iOS user. We know that Apple creates some really awesome apps. iMessage is a huge hit among the iPhone users. But, not everyone owns an iPhone but may still want to use iMessage app. Is this the case with you too?
Do you know that you could download iMessage on your PC as well? Messaging from your mobile device is one thing and using PC for the same is another. Keyboards make typing easier and mouse clicks are more convenient than the screen ‘tapping’. If you have been wondering how to get iMessage on PC, we will tell you how through this guide we have created especially for you. Just keep reading to know more.
Overview of iMessage for PC
Before we get into the installation process, it would be worth your while to understand iMessage for windows a little bit more. This will help you use this awesome app better. Here are a few things you may want to know:
- You can exchange messages only with someone who also has iMessage installed on their device.
- iMessage is completely free to download and use. However, do remember that exchanging messages, videos and pictures will require internet and consume data.
All in all, it is a wonderful app to have and a great way to stay connected with your friends who have iPhone even if you don’t have one.
Method 1 : Download iMessage for Windows 10/8/7 using iPadian Emulator
As you might have already guessed, iMessage is not available officially on Windows desktops and laptops. This is why the installation is not exactly straightforward. But, don’t worry we have made it very simple through this guide. We are laying down the step by step procedure to install this app easily.
STEP 1 – Know Prerequisites
First let’s see all the things you need in order to install iMessage on Windows. It is important to be prepared with everything beforehand so that you don’t run into any difficulties later. Here is what you need:
- Internet Connection: You will need to make sure that your PC is connected to the internet. This is because we will have to download an emulator and then install iMessage through the emulator over the internet.
- iPadian Emulator: iPadian is an iOS emulator that creates a Mac OS like environment on your PC and gives you access to the Apple ecosystem. You can download just about any iOS app on your PC. We will learn how to install the emulator in the next step.
STEP 2 – Install iPadian Emulator
iPadian installation process is fairly simple. Here are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Visit the iPadian official website http://www.ipadian.net.
- Click on the ‘Download Now’ option on the home page.
- It will take you somewhere lower in the page where you can see two sections ‘iPadian’ and ‘GameStation’; We need to install iPadian so again click the blue ‘Download Now’ button in that section
- Click ‘Skip’ button on the next sub-window that you see with the title “MANAGE YOUR SEARCH PROVIDERS IN ONE PLACE” (unless you wish to download the Search Manager. In that case press ‘Add & Start Download’).
- If you clicked ‘Skip’, you will see another window on which you need to click ‘Skip’ again.
- iPadian.exe file will now be downloaded on your PC.
STEP 3 – Install iMessage for PC
Now that you have downloaded iPadian, you can install iMessage as well. Launch the emulator and the appearance of the PC will transform. You will see the Mac OS like screen right on your desktop. In fact, you will also see the Mac signature dock at the bottom.
Here is how you can get iMessage for windows:
- Locate the search box in iPadian
- Type ‘iMessage’ and press Enter key
- You will see iMessage in the search results
- Click on it and follow the onscreen instructions to install the app
- Now all you need to do is access the ‘App Drawer’ from within iPadian and you will find iMessage there
In order to use iMessage you will need to create the Apple ID and password and sign in with it.
This is all you need to do download iMessage for PC. Now, go ahead and start sending messages to your friends also using iMessage.
Note: Remember that you can access iMessage only from within iPadian. So, anytime you want to use it, simply launch iPadian
iMessage is one incredible app you can have to exchange instant messages. Even though this app is exclusive to the Apple devices, there is a workaround to download it on your PC. All you need is an iPadian emulator which gives you access to the Apple ecosystem right from your desktop.