iMessage on PC is basically an Apple’s instant messaging services. This service helps you send text, image, audio, video, sound, location and many more things in the very easy way as it works like any other chatting application. The most exciting things about apple iMessage for pc are that it works only on Apple devices like iPad, iPhone or any other Apple devices.
In today’s guide, we’re going to share the methods of downloading iMessage on PC. The best part is – each method is a quick, easy, and step-to-step formula, which you can do RIGHT NOW.
Check them out.
- Some Major Features of iMessage for windows 10:
- Method 1: iMessage for Windows using iPadian Emulator
- Method 2: iMessage for PC Using Chrome Remote Desktop
- How to create and send Animoji on iPhone X
iMessage messaging app for PC and windows – What exactly it is?
While the company was so busy to keeping copyrights claim, so Whatsapp app came and took away the market from him. Yet there are many individual people who prefer iMessage app on PC over Whatsapp and over chatting app, this is why we are going to talk how to get iMessage on PC 10/8/7.
There are many texting apps across the globe and then there’s iMessage – Apple’s very own stock messaging app for iPhone, iPad, and iPad Touch.
People love this app because it’s simple, intuitive, and always on the improve. Last year, Apple made a slew of changes to iMessages that included a much competent app drawer, the 3D Touch to share content, and our favorite, Apple Cash’s integration with the chat app.
All in all, iMessage is all about wholesome texting experience with a lot of appeals.
iMessage on PC – Where Lies the Problem?
The only caveat with iMessage is that it is NOT available for Windows PC. While it can be easily synced with Mac computers, there’s no definitive way to get iMessage on PC.
But, there are ‘hacks’ and ‘workarounds’ available to help you do the trick. And, we’re here to share the best ones with you. Take a look.
Overview of iMessage for PC and Windows
Before we get into the installation process, it would be worth your while to understand iMessage for PC a little bit more. This will help you use this awesome app better. Here are a few things you may want to know:
- You can exchange messages only with someone who also has iMessage installed on their device.
- iMessage on PC is completely free to download and use. However, do remember that exchanging messages, videos and pictures will require internet and consume data.
All in all, it is a wonderful app to have and a great way to stay connected with your friends who have iPhone even if you don’t have one.
Some Major Features of iMessage for windows 10:
Apart from how to download iMessage on windows and how to use on windows, there is a certain feature about the iMessage app for PC which is similar and it will differentiate it from other messaging apps that you are using right now.
- Just like any other messaging app, iMessage for windows allow the user of it to send video, photos, audio, location and main things is that text and many other things. It is better than to send by SMS/MMS.
- Generally, iMessage services are in use by only those who use iOS devices with the iOS 5 or later the basic use of it send a message whenever to any other number. iMessage is sent whether the mobile number is connected with iMessage or not if it is not then the message is transferred to SMS.
- Like all other messenger apps, iMessage for Windows 10 or other versions can also be tracked using a delivery receipt. For e.g., if the user enables read receipts, the sender will be able to check whether or not the user has read the message.
- For better uses, there is an option known as Send as SMS, this simply enables a user to send a message as SMS. There are some individual people who are more into getting iMessage PC or rather called as iMessage for Windows. iMessage is nothing but using iMessage on their PC or Windows devices.
Method 1: iMessage for Windows using iPadian Emulator
As you might have already guessed, iMessage is not available officially on Windows desktops and laptops. This is why the installation is not exactly straightforward. But, don’t worry we have made it very simple through this guide. We are laying down the step by step procedure to install this app easily.
STEP 1 – Know Prerequisites
First, let’s see all the things you need in order to install iMessage on Windows. It is important to be prepared for everything beforehand so that you don’t run into any difficulties later. Here is what you need:
- Internet Connection: You will need to make sure that your PC is connected to the internet. This is because we will have to download an emulator and then install iMessage gor PC through the emulator over the internet.
- iPadian Emulator: iPadian is an iOS emulator that creates a Mac OS like environment on your PC and gives you access to the Apple ecosystem. You can download just about any iOS app on your PC. We will learn how to install the emulator in the next step.
STEP 2 – Install iPadian Emulator
iPadian installation process is fairly simple. Here are the simple steps you need to follow:
Here is how to use iMessage Online
- Visit the iPadian official website http://www.ipadian.net.
- Click on the ‘Download Now’ option on the homepage.
- It will take you somewhere lower in the page where you can see two sections ‘iPadian’ and ‘GameStation’; We need to install iPadian so again click the blue ‘Download Now’ button in that section
- Click ‘Skip’ button on the next sub-window that you see with the title “MANAGE YOUR SEARCH PROVIDERS IN ONE PLACE” (unless you wish to download the Search Manager. In that case press ‘Add & Start Download’).
- If you clicked ‘Skip’, you will see another window on which you need to click ‘Skip’ again.
- iPadian.exe file will now be downloaded on your PC.
STEP 3 – All set to Install iMessage for PC
Now that you have downloaded iPadian, you can install iMessage as well. Launch the emulator and the appearance of the PC will transform. You will see the Mac OS like screen right on your desktop. In fact, you will also see the Mac signature dock at the bottom.
Here is how you can get iMessage for windows:
- Locate the search box in iPadian.
- Type ‘iMessage’ and press Enter key.
- You will see iMessage in the search results.
- Click on it and follow the onscreen instructions to install the app.
- Now all you need to do is access the ‘App Drawer’ from within iPadian and you will find iMessage there.
Method 2: iMessage for PC Using Chrome Remote Desktop
Alright, so Chrome Remote Desktop is an offering by Google, using which you can access another computer remotely over the internet. This means, if you’ve iMessage on your Mac, you can use Chrome Remote Desktop to access Mac’s screen and use iMessage on PC or windows 10.
We hope that we’ve broken down the complexity for you. Now, here’s a headstart to iMessage on windows using Chrome Remote Desktop. Let’s go!
Note: Make sure that both the devices, Mac and Windows PC, are connected to the same internet connection. Switch to Wifi connection to avoid spotty connections.
Step 1. Firstly, download Chrome Remote Desktop from its official website. To save your efforts, we’ve given the downloading link below.
Step 2. Wait for a few seconds till it gets perfectly installed on both Mac and PC.
Step 3. Now, go to ‘Launch App’ button given at the top right of your PC’s screen.
Step 3.1. Simultaneously, install an additional program on Mac computer called ‘Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer’.
Step 4. Search for the Host Installer file on your Mac and install it.
Step 5. Just follow the onscreen instructions to accomplish the installation. You might be asked for your Mac password during the installation.
Step 6. Open the Chrome Remote Desktop on Mac and write down the 12-digit code that will appear on the screen shortly. Mind you that this code is necessary for the remote access.
Step 7. Start the Chrome Remote Desktop on your PC now and enter the 12-digit code.
Step 8. You’re done. Just go to the app drawer on your PC and access iMessage on your PC and Windows.
Method 3: Download iMessage for PC Using BlueStacks
Bluestacks is the next best emulator in the market after iPadian. Alternatively, you can try it to download iMessage for PC. The process is pretty simple, so much so that you can even do this while up and running.
Here’s how to get it done.
Step 1. Download Bluestacks emulator from the internet. Make sure that the source is reliable and not bundled with any malware. Here’s the official link –Download Bluestack
Step 2. Tap on the downloading link when found and install it while accepting all the permissions.
Step 3. Go the search bar inside Bluestacks and type ‘iMessage’. Tap on it.
Step 4. Now, iMessage for windows is being downloaded. Locate it in the app drawer of your PC and launch it.
Step 5. In order to use iMessage, you will need to create the Apple ID and password and sign in with it.
This is all you need to do download iMessage. Now, go ahead and start sending messages to your friends also using iMessage.
Note: Remember that you can access iMessage on PC or Mac only from within iPadian. So, anytime you want to use it, simply launch iPadian.
How to create and send Animoji on iPhone X
iPhone X is a smartphone and designed and marked by Apple Inc. and it was announced on September 12, 2017, and it has a new feature which was not on the early iPhone. The Animoji is a new type of emoji which is known as Animoji which is very funny as well as creative as compare to normal emoji. It is one of the most highly touched features of Apple’s flagship phone, Face ID, is made possible by the iPhone X’s new True Depth front-facing camera system.
Animoji is 3-D animated emoji modeled after the user’s facial movements and as well the expression of using True Depth camera system. The animated Animoji can be up to 10 seconds and it can send with other than iPhone users. Here’s how to record and send an Animoji on your iPhone X:
- In the first step, you should have to open message app and then open a conversation. Tap the apps button on the left side of the text box.
- Then tap on the Animoji icon in the menu at the bottom.
- Choose your Animoji from the list on the left side then align you “Face” inside the given yellow frame that appears.
- When you are ready, tap the recording button and create your message. Tap it again to stop recording. You can create record message up to 10 seconds.
- When finally you finished you are able to see the preview. Watch the preview again with the help of refresh button, then send it, or delete with the trash icon.
That’s all this is the way to create Animoji and send to others. You even send an Animoji sticker that is just a still snapshot of your Animoji. To create a sticker you have to make an expression that you want to send and hold the Animoji until it “unsticks”, then you can drag it to the text conversation and place it anywhere you want. You don’t need to hold recording button at all for stickers.
How to Access iMessage By Jailbreaking:
Currently, the only other way to get access to iMessage on PC browser is just by doing Jailbreak your iPhone. Jailbreaking is basically replacing the actual iOS with a new type of operating system that will provide more flexibility. With the help of Jailbreaking, you can change your iDevice looks and feels and get to choose a ton of application which is not available for Apple iPhone official App Store. Jailbreaking gives you the type of customization Android users are accustomed to. You even get your iPhone restored just by to factory setting afterward. Generally, we do not recommend to use jailbreaking because of its use it can avoid your iDevice warranty and as well as any additionally purchased AppleCare+.
Going for it:
Jailbreaking will allow you to customize your iPhone to your liking fully and even download apps that Apple currently prohibits. The jailbreaking include things like to do customizing your phone lock, set your own application, customizing control center, adding Touch ID or Face ID even in the older devices which even not support it, and creating any type of shortcut and other adjustments to the User Interface. And of courses jailbreaking your iPhone or other iDevices gives you access to iMessage windows across all types of devices.
iMessage on PC – FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: What exactly this app is iMessage?
Ans: iMessage is an instant messaging service native to the Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Mac computers. It allows you to share text messages, videos, photos, and documents with other iMessage users.
Q: Which devices are compatible with iMessage on PC app?
Ans: A wide range of Apple devices support iMessage service. In fact, any iOS or Mac OS device can use this feature. Even the older versions of iOS have this basic feature.
Q: Is there a difference between SMS and iMessage for PC App?
Ans: Yes! There is a very clear difference between the two services, even though they may appear to be similar. Some users get confused between the two as Apple mobile devices use the same ‘Message’ app for SMS and iMessage. You can send SMS or text message to the other mobile users even if they do not have Apple device. iMessage, however, is available only on the Apple platforms such as iOS and Mac. You cannot share iMessage with the non-Apple device users. SMS messages are billed by your mobile service provider and do not use data. iMessage app for pc works on data (mobile internet or Wi-Fi). SMS messages are usually limited to 160 characters (exceeding the characters in one message will be billed as additional message). iMessage does not impose any character limit.
Q: Does iMessage support video calling?
Ans: You cannot make video calls using iMessage. However, you can initiate the call and you will be redirected to the FaceTime app, which is specially designed for video calling.
Q: How can I download iMessage on my iOS device?
Ans: iMessage is built into the Apple devices. You do not need to download it separately. It must be turned on for you to be able to use it. By default, it is turned on/enabled.
Q: Can I uninstall or remove iMessage on pc or mobile?
Ans: No! As this service is built-in to the iOS, you cannot uninstall it. However, if you do not wish to use iMessage, you can deactivate or turn it off. Go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Message.’ Here, you will see the option to disable or deactivate iMessage also imessage for windows. Once you disable this feature, all the messages will be sent and received in the SMS format.
Q: How to tell the difference between SMS and iMessage?
Ans: Although both types of messages appear in the Messages on PC app, you can tell one from the other easily. iMessage uses the Blue chat bubble. On the other hand, SMS uses Green chat bubble.
iMessage is one incredible app you can have to exchange instant messages. Even though this app is exclusive to the Apple devices, there is a workaround to download iMessage on PC. All you need is an iPadian emulator which gives you access to the Apple ecosystem right from your desktop.